Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tips and Techniques / Wednesday

Hello!

Anita asked me to feature this My Little Yellow Bicycle mini envelope kit from the 'Twig' collection.  Have you ever wondered what to do with one of these kits?

It comes with everything you need to create a mini album with little pages tucked into the envelopes.  It is a fun way to feature one of your children / grandchildren.  I think it would make a great 'special day' documentary.  Each of the inserts has a spot to list something about your special someone.  For example, you can list things you love about them, things you don't want them to change, your wishes for them and their own favourite things.  Add a few little snapshots and voila!

I made up one of the kits the other day, I added a few embellishments that are available to purchase from this same 'Twig" collection, and used a few punches to make this simple keepsake.




For now it is going on display in our Scrapfest booth, but when I get it back I will sit down with my little Timmy and fill in the journaling cards with his help and his thoughts and ideas.  I will also add a few of my favourite photos of him.

This project is super fun and easy, making it with your child would be a great activity for a rainy day, It is definitely something that they could help with and their 'words' on the journaling cards would be a precious keepsake to reflect on for years to come.

Thank you for stopping by today, to see what I have been up to!
Laura
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment