Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tip and Technique Wednesday

Hello Blog Friends,

It's Wednesday and that mean I have a technique to share with you!  If you remember way back in the middle of March I shared a technique with you about Crushed Lollipop flowers here.  Well today I have a variation on that for you, using scrap fabric.

You can pick up small bits of fabric in the clearance bin at your local fabric store, but I tend to just keep bits of clothing that my son has worn out and is not suitable for donation.  Scraps of felt from other craft projects is great too.
 First I punch a few sizes of circles from a scrap piece of paper to use as a template.  You could always use your Cricut to create a template, too.
 Then I trace these circles onto my fabric.
 And hand cut them for a charming whimsical look, but if you have a Cuttlebug with circles dies feel free to use that as well.
Last step is layering up 2 or 3 sizes of the circles and adding a button centre.

Thank you for stopping by today!

LAURA
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I love it! What a simple but cool looking embelishment! :-)

    ReplyDelete