Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Mini Reveal

Hi there!

I want to share a mini reveal with  you!  Anita and Elaine gave me a few fun new products to play around with!

Have a look:
 First off, if you do not have an Epiphany you really should grab one.  I have a few of the shape ones already and the girls gave me the button one to play with.  I love it, it really should have been my first one!  Pop dots are always a staple in my crafting kit, if you do not use them you really should, it is so much fun to add some dimension to your layout.  And these little rubon sentiments are just plain fab!  I love them, perfect for when you do not feel like stamping.  I also keep these in my craft kit, really handy for when I scrap at my trailer and I do not have all of my stamping supplies with me.
I also received, 3 awesome colours of Mr. Huey's misters and 2 really cool masks!  I was so looking forward to playing with these.  I had so much fun and I know they will also go into my crafting kit.

Here is a look at what I created......

 This card was really easy to pull together.  I wanted to keep it clean and simple to highlight the misted chevron pattern.  I simple laid the mask over a piece of white card stock cut to side and misted away.

The only trick is lifting the mask straight up after misting.  Clean up is really easy with a couple of baby wipes, or you can rinse it in your sink if you wish.  I do the baby wipe thing since they are always close by, in my craft space.
I used a rub on sentiment and popped it off the card with pop dots.  I added a little puffed heart embellie.  I shared this tutorial previously here.  I love the simple and graphic look of this card.


 Next, I played a little with the bubbles mask, spraying it in each of the three mist colours and cutting the pieces into strips to form the base of my card.  Notice the colour coordinated button!  I {heart} this!  I am looking forward to making many more of these and even using patterns.
 I added a couple of little pop dotted fish to my card face and a fun hand printed sentiment. 


 Lastly, I really wanted to add masking to a layout as this is something I haven't really done before.  I pulled a couple of photos of my little guy playing on the beach, and some coordinating papers.  I really only had these few scraps of these papers, so they were the perfect choice as I could consider my misting and masking a pattern as well.  I started out by roughly laying down my papers and pictures so that I could sort of see were I needed to add the mist.  Then I pulled everything off and masked and misted the area.  After waiting a few minutes for the mist to try I layered up all of my pictures and papers.  This was really easy, very effective and a great way to get a layout out of a few left over bits of paper.  Again, I have to say that I love the way it turned out and I will definitely be doing this again!

So, I think when you are making your next scrappy purchase you should definitely consider some mists and masks :) .

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. the cards are wonderful, Laura! I really like the layout- the colors, the misting pattern, and overall design and little details are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Nice tutorial! I will try his new challenge! Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete