Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Twirling Card Tutorial

Hi there!

I have a tutorial  to share today,  I decided to create this Twirling Card as it has been on my list of things to share with you for quite some time now.

You will just need to gather up some basic card making supplies and well as some of your favourite dies or punches.

Start out by laying down your basic design of pattern paper aiming for not a lot of layers and a fairly simple layout, my card measure 5.5" x 5.5".  Note- avoid putting adhesive along the top of the patterned paper, just keep it to the sides.
 Next, using the smallest of three circle dies, cut out your image.  With the middle sized die and a scalloped circle die (that will also fit around your largest sized circle die) cut out both a scalloped circle and a middle sized circle out of a coordinating cardstock.  You will not that I made both cuts at one time, nestling them together before I ran them through the Cuttlebug - this is because I only had one small scrap of this card stock.
 Next with your largest circle die, run the scalloped circle through the Cuttlebug again, making the opening larger.
Now run your card base through the Cuttlebug with the largest circle, lining it up in a central location.
I forgot to take a photo of this next step so pretend you do not see my focal image, the next step is to adhere the scalloped circle around the newly made opening in the card.
 Now, gently pull the patterned paper slightly out from the card base so that you can slip some twine through it.
 Tie the twine off at the top and trim the bottom.
 Now add your cardstock circle with a good amount of sticky adhesive.
 Add your image (or large sentiment, or other focal point) to the front of the cardstock.
 Now cover up that little twine knot with something pretty.
Finish off the card with some ribbon or bling or whatever makes you happy.  You may not be able to tell but I also added some Stickles to the Hippo as well.
 Here is a finished photo for you.
 I didn't show this step but to finish off my card I created a sentiment on my computer, it reads 'hip hip hooray, it's your birthday'.  Then I printed it onto cardstock the same colour as my card base, using the smallest circle die, I cut it out and adhered it to the inside of the card, on the reverse of the twirling bit - now when this focal point twirls there is something on both sides!

Of course, you can create a twirling card using ovals, squares, punches or just your paper trimmer is you are patient.

PS.  After 2 plus years of weekly tutorials, I am running out of ideas to share with you.  If there is a technique or product that you would like to see a tutorial on, leave me a comment ans I will try my best!
Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo




2 comments:

  1. what a fun card.. need to try this and even share the idea.. linking to you though Laura

    ReplyDelete