Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Altered Metal embellishments with Alcohol Inks Tutorial

Hi there!

Today's tutorial is super quick and super easy and just happens to be a follow up or second tip from a previous project.

Do you remember this card?  Well, when I was creating it I only had silver bells which were a little harsh for this distressed looking patterned paper.
 So I pulled out a rusty coloured Copic (any alcohol ink based medium will work) and simply coloured it up.  This is only one coat, you have achieve a darker look by applying more coats.
I actually also added a bit of ink to my sequins, they were just a little light - so I fixed that!  Is your mind racing with thoughts of all the metal embellies in your stash that you can alter?

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea ... I really need to pick up some copics for stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete