Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 18th Day Crop and a Confetti Pocket tutorial

Hi friends!

Just popping in to let you know the details of our next day crop, to which you are cordially invited!


When: Saturday January 18th, 8:00am-5:00pm
Where: Salvation Army Church, 33 Diana Ave., Brantford, ON
cost of the crop is ONLY $25 + hst and includes lunch, cold beverages and a gift for each attendee!

Bring your supplies and get ready for a day of scrappy fun.

On-site store available for all your shopping needs!

We are also offering this class, which consists of two gorgeous single page layouts, created by Eileen.
Just perfect for getting your winter photos into an album!  The cost of the class is $20.00.

Register online here or by emailing us at scrapmuch@rogers.com, for the crop and/or class .
We hope to see you there!

Now it is time for a new tutorial, I gave myself a bit of a break over the holidays, but it is time to get back at it! I thought I would share how to create a confetti pocket.  I used mine as a background for a card, but small confetti pockets make really cute layout accents.


First decide on the size and shape of your pocket, then cut a piece of cardstock and a piece of vellum to size (note you could use two pieces of vellum of cardstock and acetate).

Now create your confetti with a hole punch, you could also add in some sequins.


Next I used little bulldog clips to hold the top and bottom piece together, with the confetti inside, while I was getting ready to stitch around them.


As you can see, i machine stitched around my pocket, however, hand stitching or even Washi tape will work great.


Here is a look at what I did with my pocket.  What will you be using your pocket for?

Your friends at ScrapMuch?

No comments:

Post a Comment