Thursday, May 1, 2014

Monthly Reveal with Laura

Hi there!

I have some projects to share wit you today, created using Simple Stories' "Hey Mom" collection.  It is really pretty and it has been quite a while since I have worked with a collection that was so feminine, so it was high time I'd say!

Here is a look at what came in my kit.....

 
 'Graceful' paper showing A and B sides

' Lovely' paper showing A and B sides

 'Beautiful' paper showing both A and B sides

 'Sweetheart' paper showing A and B sides (I think this one is my favourite!)

 Elements Sheet 1 showing both A and B sides

 Elements Sheet 2 showing both A and B sides
If you are a cardmaker you NEED these 2 sheets!  They are not jsut for pocket style scrappers, but for traditional scrappers and cardmakers too.

Fundamentals Sticker Sheet

 Lawn Fawn mixed sequins (so fun)
Pebbles gold rub ons - these work so nicely

Now let me show you what I created......

 I started by creating this layout about me and my boys, that is fitting with the 'MOM" theme of this collection. I had this photo of us from a couple of years ago and since we are all in black, we thankfully didn't clash with the pretty colours of this collection.


 I started layering up some small strips of paper under my photo, just sort of seeing where I wanted things to sit, then I pulled the photo and papers off and added a bit of mist to my base, and then some stitched circles.  Some mist from my stash and a few scattered sequins finish off the background. Then I adhered the strips of paper and my photos. 

Next I embellished, add a few fussy cut pieces from the elements sheets and a sticker or two.  The row of little gold hearts is from the rub-on pack, love them!

This banner was also fussy cut from the elements sheet, and easy and fun addition to the page.

These chevron arrows were on the stickers sheet and they are super fun and an easy way to add some extra colour and detail.  The row ow ticket / tags was a piece of patterned paper that I cut right around the printed image and notched it to reinforce the tag look.

Next up I wanted to create a non- mom page to show the versatility of this collection.  I had this photo of my sweet friend, Eileen (co-owner here at ScrapMuch?), in my stash for a while now and  she just so happens to be wearing a shirt that coordinates with this line.

The chevron arrows and flowers were cut from one of the element sheets.  and the row of gold dots are one of the Pebbles rub-ons.

I couldn't resist tieing on a bit of twine around one of the jars.  A stapled had cut flower adds a bit of dimension.

 The tag on this page was fussy cut from the B side of the 'Sweetheart' paper ... I  just love how versatile this collection is1  The HER card is actually half of a MOTHER card cut from and elements sheet.  Love that!

Watch for information about this glittery background in an upcoming post.

Continuing on my mission of showing you how versatile this collection is and because this place has been on the minds of my family a LOT lately, I created this page about our happy a.k.a. our trailer on Pigeon Lake.

It was this little house / heart sticker that got me thinking about scrapping this photo, it was so handy that is was already printed in this vintage colour (a little hard to tell on the screen though).

 Banners are always a good thing.

 Sequins to enhance the flowers printed on the page.

 Layered stickers.

 Strategically placed sequins.

I added a little mist and paint to my background.

Next I created a few cards, I just thought the elements were too perfect for this and I couldn't resist the opportunity.  These cards are very basic - anyone can make them.

 Love this sentiment, my boys got a kick out of it too!

 Gold rub on sentiments from Pebbles, swoon!

Layered stickers and a rub on, simple fun!

I think I did really well, I created 3 layouts and 3 cards with 4 sheets of patterned papers, 2 element sheets and 2 pieces fo cardstock.  And with a bit more cardstock, I think I could easily create a couple more or each!

All in all, I loved working with this collection. It is always fun to use colours you do not normally use and to scrap photos that have been sitting in your 'to do' pile for a while waiting for just the right collection.  It always makes me happy that I am not a chronological scrapper, I will patiently wait for the right goodies to come along! ha!

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xoxo
 
PS. I have it on good authority that the Project Kits page of the blog and the store have both been updated, so be sure to check them out!

3 comments:

  1. Great job Laura, gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Laura! I did a layout with this collection a while back and I loved playing with the girly stuff :)

    ReplyDelete