Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July Reveal | Bella Blvd

Hi there and Happy Canada Day!




Laura here with my monthly reveal, this month I was given some great products from the Bella Blvd "Just add color" collection.

Like these great papers:


And these fun stickers:


And this fab acetate sheet:


And these pretty sequins from Doodlebug:


I was super inspired to play!


I started with this page, cutting the star paper to size, then trimming it into strips, I added water colour paints in some of the colours from my photo to each strip - it turned out a little more muted than I would have hoped but I like it all the same.


I pulled out some of the orange and black and white stickers to adorn my page.


Then I trimmed Timmy's jersey number from one of the patterned papers and painted them orange.  I die cut a large star and the word "star" with my Silhouette to place under my photo.  Adding in some doodling for fun.


I also cut some stars our of painted paper to use as embellishments.

Product List: Bella Blvd patterned papers and stickers; Doodlebug sequins; water colour paints; Staedtler pen; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.


I had a lot of fun while creating this page, playing with the acetate paper and glitter.  I will share my technique with you next Wednesday.


My title is a super simple die cut.


I decided to focus on the pinks and teals from the stickers for this page.  I love this combo together.


Several of the Doodlebug sequins embellish the centre of my fussy cut flower.



I also added some stitching and straight line doodling to help the acetate sheet pop.

Product List: Bella Blvd patterned papers and stickers; Doodlebug sequins; CTMH water colour pencils; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; misc. glitter; Sharpie teal marker.


For my last page I added more colour to my page, colouring several of the patterned papers with a few different mediums, like Copic markers (which work great by the way), water colour paints and water colour pencils.


I used my Copic markers to colours the flowers, and added sequins to the centres, then I fussy cut them to adorn my page.


I also pulled several colours from the sticker sheet to colour in the black and white diagonal striped paper, leaving a white stripe every so often to that the other patterned papers would still tie in together.


The polka dot paper got a bit of yellow water colour paint and the number paper got treated with blue water colour paint.


I know it is hard to tell but if you look closely at the heart paper, you can see that I colours the hearts with water colour pencils, I also fussy cut a few of them our to adorn my page.  I also used a small scrap of vellum from my stash as an extra layer (you know I love layers) and my title was cut from the Silhouette.



Product List: Bella Blvd patterned papers and stickers; Doodlebug sequins; water colour paints; CTMH water colour pencils; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; Copic Markers (V04, Y13, YR15, R43, BG02. BG11, BG15); American Crafts vellum.

Thank you so much for visiting today
Laura
xo

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layous Laura! I love how fun and colourful they are. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous reveal Laura!! You've inspired me once again!!

    ReplyDelete