Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Stamping Sentiments | Tutorial

Hello friends, Laura here with a new tip to share today.  I used it to help me create this little card, after reading about it online last month.


If you recall, I shared a tutorial last week about colouring with distress inks here.


Well I thought this cute little image needed a home, so I got busy creating a card for it.  But when it came time to add the sentiment, I wasn't sure where to put it.


That's when I remembered this tip from Jennifer McGuire, in a recent (ish) post she suggested stamping sentiments onto a piece of acetate.


So I grabbed a scrap of acetate and some StazOn and stamped the sentiment that I wanted to use.


Then you can move it around your page / card to see where you like it the most.


Definitely here, I think!


Once I was done, I tucked the acetate in with my stamp set, so that I could use it again another day.


Here is another look at my card.


Supply List: American Crafts cardstock; Teresa Collins patterned paper; Your Next Stamp image and sentiment; Hemptique button twine; misc button;  Tim Holtz Distress Ink (image colouring); Memento ink; StazOn ink.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment